Sunday, June 3, 2007

Welcome

Welcome to Stacy's Corner! I am Stacy, a NYC school teacher of 12 years. I am currently in the middle of my second Masters program, which is in Library and Information Science. One of my classes is about technology and so here I am! I hope that you will join me to discuss current technology issues... and there are so many! We will emphasize Elgg for the first half of this course and 1:1 Computing in the second half (along with other information science goodies). I welcome your posts and will do my best to respond in a timely fashion. I hope to hear from you soon!

4 comments:

PS108Library said...

Hi Stacy,

I look forward to learning more about 1:1 computing. I know that it has been piloted in around 40 NYC schools. The state of Maine recetnly did 1:1 computing with all 6th grade classes.

I am unsure what Elgg is and I can't wait to learn what this topic is all about. There are so many these new technologies that can help our students and teachers move well into the 21st century.

Anonymous said...

Hey Stacy,

Looking forward to learning about Elgg. I have not heard of this technology at all and I am pretty tech savvy. I hope it is something that will be easy to implement within our libraries and classrooms.

Stacy said...

This sounds very interesting, Robin. We shall explore more about 1:1 computing soon. About Elgg... it's a new type of online networking. Countries all over the world are starting to use them. We may even choose to start our own someday, particularly, as you said, with our students.

Stacy said...

Margaret, Elgg is new to me, too. It does seem interesting though. Here we are running our own blogs for class. Imagine running an entire network! You can create your own network with the tools you choose. Isn't that wild?